LOCAL INFO: Amesbury is located 35 miles North of Boston, Massachusetts. The town is part of the Boston metropolitan statistical area.
Amesbury is the land of exotic locales and lovely parks that make for great places to relax. The city park and recreation centers regularly organize events for kids and adults. Those who wish to know more about the history of the region can visit the various museums in the area, including the Custom House Maritime Museum in surrounding Newbury. There are also many restaurants that serve traditional delicacies.
JOB START DATES:
|Start dates||End dates|
JOB TITLE: Housekeeping (housekeeper, houseman, laundry) and Front Desk
COMPANY TYPE: Hotel
QUALIFICATIONS: No specific requirements
· Clean, dust, polish and vacuum to make sure guest rooms and bathrooms meet hotel standards.
· Change linens, make beds, and leave the bathroom sparkling.
· Restock all guest room supplies, like soap and shampoo.
· Organize your linen closet, restock your cart, and get ready for the next day, before your shift ends each day.
· Greet guests that you encounter during your shift with a friendly smile.
· Make rounds through the halls each shift to ensure public areas are clean and tidy, taking care to remove or replace anything out of order.
· Coordinate and help housekeeping with heavy lifting and priority requests.
· Use your watchfulness to report missing or found articles and any sign of damage or needed repair.
· Be graciously attentive to guests, answering questions and getting additional help when it’s needed
· Skillfully use laundering equipment to safely and thoroughly clean and press linen, keeping the work area clean and safe.
· Help ensure laundry operations run smoothly by alerting the supervisor when equipment stops working properly, if supplies are needed and when linen is damaged.
Front desk agent:
· Provide that critical first impression to our guests and have a natural passion for delivering exceptional service.
· Welcome and serve guests in person and over the phone every day.
· Enjoy solving problems, be comfortable using a computer to check guests in and out, and handle cash and credit card transactions accurately and confidently.
GENDER: Both females and males are accepted
NATIONALITY: Any nationality
MINIMUM ENGLISH: Conversational
WAGE: $11 per hour for Housekeeping (plus tips for room attendants), $12 per hour for Front Desk
AVERAGE HOURS: 32+ hours per week
OVERTIME: Available on occasion
FREQUENCY OF PAY: Weekly
WORK SCHEDULES: 4 – 6 days per week, 9am to 5pm for housekeeping; 7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm or 11pm-7am for Front desk agents
TRAINING: On the job
SICK/VACATION DAYS: None paid
MEAL CONDITIONS: Breakfast is offered to staff once guest breakfast service is over – 6am-9am Mon-Fri, 7am-10am Sat-Sun. 2-4 times a month the host company is also buying a meal for the staff.
LOCATION: Amesbury, MA
SECOND JOBS: Possible
INTERNET AVAILABILITY: Available
PUBLIC TRANSPORT: There is a public bus line that runs through Amesbury, Newburyport and Salisbury
TRAVEL TO WORK: Walking distance
DISTANCE FROM SHOPPING CENTER: 10 minutes walk
HOUSING: Provided. Room with 2 full size beds. TV, wifi, local phone calls, fitness room (to use in off hours) included. Coin operated washer ($2) and dryer ($2) are onsite. No kitchen available but microwave and mini refrigerator are in each room.
HOUSING COSTS: $500 per student per month
HOUSING DEPOSIT: N/A
ARRIVAL INFO: Prior notice required
EMPLOYER PICK-UP: N/A