LOCAL INFO: Located between Gunnison and Crested Butte, where the tumbling waters of the Taylor and East rivers meet to form the Gunnison River, Almont is small-town Colorado at its best. Originally named Fishers for the first settler in the area, the town was renamed in 1881 to Almont, after a famous racehorse of the day.
JOB START DATES:
|Start dates||End dates|
JOB TITLE: Wranglers or those with horse experience, waitresses & waiters, store clerks, housekeeping, maintenance, cooks and kitchen help.
The employer will place each worker according to experience and needs of the ranch.
COMPANY TYPE: Ranch
QUALIFICATIONS: Speak, read and understand English
– Horse Wranglers: going on trail rides through the high rocky mountains
– Kitchen Staff: Servers, chefs, dish cleaners, bartenders, and food runners
– Housekeeping: We have 39 cabins on the resort property that need to be kept up with (including but not limited to: making beds, vacuuming, replacing linens, etc.)
– Front Office: the office is the control room of the whole operation here. This job position includes but is not limited too: answering phones, booking reservations, customer service, greeting guests, communicating with all other departments, etc.
– Maintenance: This department keeps everything running and maintained. Including: landscaping, small appliance repair, minor plumbing, small construction repairs, etc.
– Fly Shop: This job requires knowledge and experience in fly fishing. The fly shop staff run the store as well as take guests on our guided fly fishing trips.
GENDER: Both females and males are accepted
NATIONALITY: Any nationality
MINIMUM ENGLISH: Conversational
WAGE: $1,000 per month plus tips
AVERAGE HOURS: 36 hours per week
OVERTIME: Available on occasion
FREQUENCY OF PAY: Bi-weekly
WORK SCHEDULES: 6 days per week, 6 hours per day
TRAINING: On the job
SICK/VACATION DAYS: None paid
MEAL CONDITIONS: 3 meals each day
LOCATION: Almont, CO
SECOND JOBS: Possible
INTERNET AVAILABILITY: Available
PUBLIC TRANSPORT: N/A
TRAVEL TO WORK: Walking distance
DISTANCE FROM SHOPPING CENTER: The capital of Colorado is Denver which is a 4 hour drive from the ranch.
HOUSING: Provided. Bunkhouses, 12 people per unit.
HOUSING COSTS: No cost.
HOUSING DEPOSIT: N/A
ARRIVAL INFO: The airport in Denver is called DIA, Denver International Airport, this is perhaps the best location for the people to arrive In to. Then a bus can bring the participants to Gunnison where we can then provide transportation to our ranch.
EMPLOYER PICK-UP: Upon request and if agreed well in advance